Monday, October 1, 2012

The Happening Intern, 1

It's 1st of October!

My 28-weeks-intern had finally gone into the middle time, 17 weeks had officially passed. So it just left with 11 weeks, how exciting! I do keep a little diary with me for this happening intern, I thought of writing it monthly but I don't feel like writing it all this while, since I'm kinda free in the office and nobody is governing me now, so why not I start polishing my skills again?

Let the chronology tunes back to the first week of my intern, June. Some of my records were in Mandarin, so I will try my best to write it in English.

June's Happening

12 June, Tues
It's the Wednesday of second week, I'm still reading on the manualS. To be frank, I started to feel bored, but this is just the second week, and how am I suppose to "survive" the 26 more if I were bored at the second? Every time during lunch time, hearing stories about non-stop works from friends is more than enough to make me jealous, upon stepping home listening to room mates about ceaseless works, seeing them continue their jobs at home after work, and complaining that they are having meeting everyday. Why is everyone on Earth so busy and I'm still sitting down and basically "doing nothing"? Sometimes, I even can sleep sitting down by doing nothing. [/o\]

It's great when the Senior General Manager comes to visit me, but I have no idea how to reply to the question she pondered: What is your expectation? 

13 June, Wed
Ever since I got my office extension phone, I receive phone calls almost every minutes. The only sarcastic part is, non of those are looking for me. I just barely remember, all of them are looking for someone named Fairul. Anyone of you know who is this fine gentleman? Anyhow, I'm wondering, did the technician just unplugged someone's phone and plug in for me? 

I have things to do yesterday, it's to update files, which I have done it in a breathe. End up, I got nothing to do today, and my sv has no idea what to give to me, and there's nothing that I can offer my help to Department Head, yet. So, guess what? Yeah~ It's time for manuals reading, again. I still thought that today might be a productive day, but now there's nothing I can do but wait, for which I'm waiting for 3 things:
 1. wait until got things to do
 2. wait for lunch, then carry on to do the first wait
 3. wait for the time to go gym, then repeat the first and second


Ohya, suddenly I heard the sound of my sv gulping water, then I realise that there's another something I can do, which is to drink water! LOL! I have the thought of doing reading, but, reading story books in the office during office hour?? o.0

Sarcasm: Reading a hypnotising lines on an energetic day

15 June, Fri
As soon as I gain conscious when I opened my eyes in the morning, I asked myself, what day is today. I'm thinking that I just donated blood yesterday, and blood donation campaign was on Thurs. Ei??! Does that means, today is already FRIDAY! Wow! Time does fly, it's been two weeks since my first day. As I don't know what can I do for today, I don't feel any down moment as there's two hours break on Friday!


While I'm writing my diary, there's a familiar voice came out from behind:
Don't write your report in Chinese, I don't read Chinese. =.=

19 June, Tues
I ask my Sv if there any task or job for me to do, surprisingly he replies:
"You want to do work? I have a lot of work, just take my post and do my works" =.=


20 June, Wed
There's K.I.S.S. next week, a knowledge and info sharing session that takes place monthly. I am thinking that it might be another boring event, so I might just as well buy some sweets along. However, after the morning's discussion about the preparation, I find that the event in fact is an interesting and exciting one. While drilling my brain for some games, the big head commented that games should be reduced and put more serious sharing inside. LOL. My initial intention is right, I should prepare some sweets.

27 June, Wed
Time schedule for KISS:
 - 8.00 - 11.30: 3.5 hours do slide
 - Yesterday's time: 5 hours do slide
 - Last night at home: 2.5 hours do slide
 - Looking for songs: 4 hours
TOTAL TIME SPEND: 15 hours

I consider the slide that I did master piece. Haha.. I'm wondering, will my slide impress people for this time just like it always do? Just like how I spend time on my PCS (Professional Communication Skills) and it did impress people, allowing me to get 97/100 




No comments:

Post a Comment