Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Happening Intern, 2

Yup, June's done, now I would like to go back to July.
2 July, Mon
New phrase learnt: Bund Area. It's so chemical~ It's actually a place or an area where people put it under storage tank, and if there's any leakage, those spill will go into the area and those fluid can be recovered, somehow.

Another thing that I learn is while loading onto the bunker barge, there is this pump back operation. This is a cleaning up for the pump, in order to make sure the pump is free of any fluid, to avoid explosion / fire if there is any spark. Too many if, don't you think so?


3 July, Tues
My colleague tells me, while entering a new area, there are few things to be done: Observe, See people, Give impression. Observe is to watch up for people's strength and weakness, as well as ourselves', lookout for opportunity, and work smart.

4 July, Wed
Coming to classify if a fire is a major case or minor one, how do you see a fire on dustbin? For sure, one would simply say it's just a minor fire, since what impact can it do on us? 

Joke of the day:
Sv is going to give me a treat, I respond by saying that anything will do. Try and hit a guess that what did he reply?

"Biscuit?"

See my expression:

(belum abis agi~)

12 July, Thurs
Since last Monday, 9 July, I was drown into the world of politic, as a postman. How can a postman involve in political issue? The fact is, everything can be politicalised. My case is, A asked me to carry out a task, while B ask me to rilek jer; C asked for my help to do some photocopy job, while D told me that my kindness cannot be addressed as help but it's a bully. A asked if I can switch table with her since the light's automatically off after 1830 and her side got no light and it's kinda dark (according to her), but D said if it's dark, then ask someone to come and change the light, but not to switch seat.

Recently I keep on running to washroom. Why am I running? Precisely, I'm making my escape. For every washroom session, I seriously take at least 15 to 20 minutes. Once I step out, I can strongly feel the numb on my legs. (How can someone actually feel the numb??? It's either you're numb or you feel it, isn't it so??) I can't even stand on my feet. It takes me 5 minutes to regain my leg-conscious. While I start walking, I can just barely sense my joint but not muscles. 

"Oi~ Are you done? Sit until drop inside toilet bowl??"

I want to scan my report, so I go to this OSR room to use the high-tech machine. I can't find my e-mail address registered, so I can't select the function "scan & send". While going through the function keys, there's this "scan & store" which requires address, too. I just couldn't find this "scan & print". Disappointed for the high-tech machine, miserably done 10 steps away from the room, I smash my own head.

"scan & print" = photocopy =.= 


(belum abis agi~)

18 July, Wed
It's half an hour before today's office hour ends, so I take a walk to toilet. While walking along the corridor, my sv stands up and walks along the corridor as well. As I approach the pantry, he is there making drinks. When I come out from the toilet, I somehow meet with him, again, at the path way in front of the toilet. There's he goes:

"Lai, sajer pusing?"

23 July, Mon
I not sure if it's because of the reason that puasa started on Saturday, and seven early eight early already have this much of people queuing up to enter to the building. It's so crowded that even the security guide needs to limit the number of entry at a particular period of time.

25 July, Wed
Question to ponder:

Sv: "Lai, rilek la dulu"
(I am already rilek-ing all this while)

Sv: "Bored just to eye on computer everyday? Then how are you going to work here?"

31 July, Tues
Sv: Lai, masak?
me: Takder periuk~

Sv: Ei? Periok pon takder? Periok maggi?
me: Tak, jimat...

Sv: Jimat? Makan maggi la...
me: ...

(So that ends my July's internship diary)

No comments:

Post a Comment