Saturday, September 17, 2011

Home

Home. What is a home? How do you define this phrase, 'home'?


According to Oxford Dictionary, home can be defined as a noun, an adjective, an adverb, or a verb. For instance, The basic idea that we used to have in mind is defined as  "the place where one lives permanently, especially as a member of a family or household".

Even from this simple definition, in the dictionary itself, it further explains the phrase as:
- the family or social unit occupying a permanent residence
- a house or flat considered as a commercial property
- the district or country where one was born or has settled on a long-term basis
- a place where something flourishes, is most typically found, or from which it originates
- informal a place where an object is kept

All stated above are merely just definitions, but how do you actually see this 'home' by itself? For me, home is not a house. A house is just a shelter, but, home can be any place where all the family members are being together.

I'm at home, after another semester of packed studies, finally, again. At home, I can loosen myself. I am me. I can be just me. I can do whatever I want, if you know what I mean. It's okay if you have no idea what am I talking about. I can give you one example. This example is very simple, and it's true, for most of us. I believe, this is a fact that most of us are not willing to show our true selves in public.

I dare you to fart in the public? In front of many people, loud and clear? In the PUBLIC, if you DID this ACCIDENTALLY, I'm sure your head is in the ground if it's possible, while everyone is trying to find the culprit. I know, this is just way too embarrassing for you.
Chimpanzee: "I can 'barely' understand why people like to think of my face whenever they mention about the embarrassed face."

YES! DID you ever experience THIS situation? I can bet with my last 5 sen in my wallet that, you answer will be YES, and these had been happened a couple of times. Somehow, when I'm homed, I can PROUDLY fart when I feel like want to, I don't need to 'tahan' it and curi-curi try to fart soundlessly. If any of my family members smell anything, I can just do the naughty face and laugh away with it. This is very simple, because you won't feel embarrassing when you do something you feel it's wrong in front of someone whom you close with. Agree? You might still want to defend your standing view, however, you can try this out, and see how your family members react, or what would have happened after that. Trust me, it's FUN.

Now that I'm homed, after away for some time, I need some time to tune back myself to accommodate the living style here, sleep early and wake up early. Another thing that I want to mention here will be the thing that I'm used to it once upon a time, but not now, again, yet. The night when I stepped on the Land Of Hornbill, I bumped into people. I came across a junction. I used to give way to people in front of me. Instead of taking the leap first, that person smile to me, his hands signaling me to cross before him. I was shocked. Then I realised, I'm homed. 

Now, what is home to you?

1 comment: