Saturday, July 16, 2011

Meta-morph V

I was still running on the road, despite of large amount of people who over took me, or I over took who-so-ever, I just don't care. My focus was on the group of people 500m in front of me, or maybe, my attention was on that particular person. Somehow, I can strongly felt that, the dark side of me started to spilled over the other side.



I keep pushing myself harder and harder each time when there is a turning corner on the road, afraid of losing him out of my sight. Without my spec power, I can still see him very clearly, he was just right in front of me! Pushing harder each time triggered the pain to be increased in my chest, it's even worse for both my poor feet, until some point, I was almost fall down. However, I didn't let myself rest, I didn't even spare out any single time to wipe my sweat. Time was elapsing, I had no time to lose, and I can't afford to lose, again. 

The struggle continue just for 15 minutes, but yet, it was centuries for me. After the moment of struggle got over, I finally managed to calm myself down. Walking slowly, taking deep deep breath, watching all those whom I over took earlier on, taking advantage on me, I wiped away my sweat and tear, feeling the pain within, suddenly, I felt myself aged. I started to recall back, the reason why I joined this race. As the memory started refreshing backwards, my heart calmed down. The time line traveled at stop at the space where I finally found the true reason of joining this race. I smiled. I walked. I waited.

A short moment later, S passed by, I followed him, we were jogging in the same frequency. He is smiling at me. I can clearly saw the tiredness on his face. My heart smiled. Our journey was pushing each other throughout. In fact, I am not a good dry land sportsman. Its my inner perseverance that kept me moved on. Of course, pit stops can be found in between our races. He wanted me to carry on without him, but, I insisted to jog with him, with a friend. He almost gave up, my muscles almost died up, but, we didn't. 

Upon approaching the targeted spot, the burning spirit rose again. I sprinted until the end, with my full energy and spirit, instead of the last breathe of mine. I can heard people's cheering, I can see everyone's smiling, I can listen to my heart's beating. The feeling is so strong! I sprinted all the way until the end, although I felt that last 500m is longer than the previous 5km. 

In the end, I managed to cross the finishing line. My lungs was desperate for air, and my heart smile, again. I took a picture of my certs, while waiting for my mates to collect theirs upon crossing the completion line.

The rest after that refreshed me. The queuing up in the line make me meet her. it was a surprising meet. I didn't dare to turn back, didn't talk to her, just a smile. Saw her little sister. She seems like had grown up, more mature now. Suddenly, I felt pleased. Then I started to think, did I grown up too? My mind is still blur, but I will continue to search for my quest. The journey had just began. 

2 comments: