Monday, June 4, 2012

Peak-ed! - 3

Today is the day to conquer the summit -- The Low's Peak!

We're adviced to go bed as early as possible. IF we were decided to make it to the summit, we need to wake up and start moving at 0200. As soon as I slept, I woke up. The time really seems like spun (spin-ed) faster than usual. It's a quarter to the designated time, I opened my eye, then another. Since I didn't bring my tooth brush as I didn't plan so, I didn't brush my teeth. Trust me, even if you did bring, I believe if you were there, you would think twice to do so. Get yourself there if you want to know why. :)

A quarter passed two was the time when I done geared up myself. While breakfast-ing, I noticed some phenomenon. The milo cool-ed down faster than it normally does when back at lower ground. Again, my science was playing the tricks again. "Is it because of the pressure, of the temperature? Or is it both?" As I was walking down the stair, I can surely feel my strength in my legs, my legs regain its power. After all, a rest is all I need. :)

We began the other half of the journey at 0240. The advice from the previous conqueror is, suit your body temperature with the outside temperature. I took that advice. The temperature, for me, was slightly than the night earlier on. With my jacket on, I can feel the warm that kept within the armor. At this instant, I thought of the warm hug. (You know it yourself~) Luckily I made up my mind to buy the head torch that day, that's the time for it to function.

As soon as I stepped out the door, I had my head up. I was searching for the miracle in the sky, and the fact is, it was still there. Those diamond was just as pretty as if they were the real one, even without my spec on. Followed closely on whatever the step the mountain guard took, I thought of doing so can minimise the energy used. Turned around, just the countless light spot can be seen at a distance, those lights were seems like forming a line connecting one another, from the very front, until the very behind. The scene was like a group of elephant-bahaviour firefly lining together to climb the peak~

With the focused light on the floor, I just stepped on the visible point. Once in a while, having my head up to look into the diamond did cool down my gasp for air. Without noticing the tick tock of the hands, I reached 7.0km at 0410, but I didn't really aware of the altitude. I can get exhausted easily as I continued my way up, the angle seems like keep on increasing, although speaking on the viewpoint of maths, the slope remained the same. While half way climbing the slanting hill, at 0430, again, my shoe lace was loosen. I had to take out my glove to tie it up. Yes, I only took out my left glove. With that, I made use of my left hand to record my conquering history. As the climb kept going on, the wind got stronger. With the strong wind, I made an assumption: I'm reaching soon! The wind just manage to freeze my only body part that is being left uncovered -- face.

8.0km is recorded as the time sharply read 0500, with the altitude of 3929m. At this point onward, I really took my time, with every 5 to 10 steps, I took my 20 seconds to breath, the air was just getting thinner. That really felt like my training last time, whereby I was losing my breath but I got to keep moving. My breathing technique helped me a lot. With another 15 minutes passed, I finally can see the peak! With the non-stop strong wind blown on my face, I ignored the rush buried deeply inside me, I continued my slow pace as taking the advice from the experienced one. While looking at the peak, I can clearly see some of the firefly manage to made their way there, leading the few others behind them, connecting the line until me.

The climb seems forever, and the peak seems like the same distance from where I stood, although there were getting more firefly there. The sky was getting brighter, and if I couldn't make it by 0730, nobody is allowed to continue but to go down. However, with my burning spirit, as soon as the time strikes a quarter to six, a historical moment happenned, whereby I manage to make it to the peak, the Low's Peak!

Credited to my colleague for the following nice pictures!








"Why am I here??" someone, 
"Because you made yourself here :)" me.

Standing on the peak and viewing down, looking around, the feeling is magnificent! At that particular moment, it's weird that I didn't think of any height-phobia feeling at all. Taking out my gloves for photo taking, a few second is enough to freeze my fingers. We couldn't stay long, since the peak doesn't have big empty space, so everyone takes turn to go up and take photos. We need to get ourselves down as soon as the sun rises, since the fog would be coming in any soon. While making the way down, I finally see what I wanted to see! Since it's bright now, everything is clear!

Is this picture somehow familiar to you?
I found it, finally!

Something was just following me since I was on my way up to the summit, and it was still following me when I went down. That's my fart, which I was physically LOL, and still is. We didn't take long when we went down, it's a lot faster compared to going up. Again, science knowledge is the explanation. The gravity was playing the tricks. For me, going down is more difficult than going up, since I don't really have a strong knee, and my grip was losing. This challenge came to pit stop as soon as I reached the check point at 0750. The check-out at the counter simply meant I completed the climb, and I was going to receive my cert!

It's too dark to physically see the slope when going up,
it's more than the feel when it's bright enough to see!



The check out point!

The scenery at the check out point~

We were taking our times to have a good rest after the check out, as most of us really exhausted. However, it's getting more and more sunny, so we had to move down. The going down is more challenging, since it's all stairs! The earlier time I somehow knew there were all stairs, but I didn't get to feel the challenges since I can't see them. Despite the challenges, I enjoy being at above clouds, since I don't really have chance to standing in the eye of the world~ 

The thick adorable clouds~

I'm totally exhausted just right after I was grounded. Heading up and saw the peak, I was wondering, was I there earlier on? Ya, I was there, and I made it. It seems more impossible when I looked at it. That's why some people say, keep your head down without worrying too much unknown will lead you closer to the target.
"How did I get up there just now??"

The starting point which I didn't aware of, in the dark~

The summit track~

I was told that there were this mountain climbing competition, the first prize is up to few thousand, not sure if it's in RM or what. If you were thinking to win the prize, do take a closer look at the winner's time. For this competition, the journey is two way, which means, to get to the peak, and roll back down. I am still wondering how they made it. 

Saw their time? It's TWO WAYS!

The picture will summarise my adventure!

I will definitely go again, one day, when I recovered financially. 

A:有什么风浪我们没有见过?
B:老兄,浪是没有啦,风就很大咯~









No comments:

Post a Comment