Friday, June 1, 2012

Peak-ed! - 2

The story continued as the day reached 1700. In an hour time, the sun was going to set. The rain favoured us by offering itself to stop as we stopped over and rested. The rain coat really made people uncomfortable, the stuffy and 'hip'-ness slowed down the move, making people felt uneasy. As soon as the coated armor removed, I can feel my skin's breathing! With the refreshed spirit, the momentum kept going on!

Different grow of plant as the altitude changes~
The sky's getting darker and darker while we marked on 4.5km sign board. Ei? That's funny, I thought, I just crossed 4.5 earlier on? o.0 However, the tremendous feeling came back at 1722 as soon as I saw the peak, once again! The same peak gave me different feeling while viewed it at different angle and different spot. The Genting-alike air made my fingers numb. Indeed, the feeling is great while looking at the peak, it just gave me a magnificent feeling. Sometimes, I'm simply just touched by the determined people. They made up their mind and came all the way here, just for the peak.

The darker surrounding~

I can see the peak again! This feeling is great!

As the trail continues, we can merely hear the thunder roaring. We had been to near to the cloud, the cloud just seems reach-able. The picture tells, always! The thought in my head was sciences of the natural occurring, the collision of the cloud particle! As we walked, as I wondered in my head, the sky also played its role well. Besides then darken surrounding, my nose itself opened the gate for water to flow out, without my permission. 
The reach-able cloud!
*I didn't zoom in~


Sedimentary rock hill! It's so geological~

As the climb goes, the peak looks nearer~

Since there were no information about the altitude earlier on, so I wouldn't know about the height of each location. However, the 5.0km sign board did showed the altitude of 3001m while 5.5km is 3137m. I can hardly imagine that I was more than 3000m above sea level, given the fact that, I'm afraid of height! You can tell by looking at the picture, in fact, we are at above the cloud! When seeing the 5.5km notice board, the time was 1830. This's the time whereby the clouds started changing colour. I just manage to take the red clouds, so, use your great imagination for the beauty of the nature! For me, those beauty was truly beyond imagination!

Looking at the point where this picture was taken,
you can see how 'high' is it!

The sun was going down~ It's after 6.

The red clouds!

What surprised me was, only in 15 minutes time, the darkness launched the attack! I'm losing my sight, the vision started getting unclear than before. The nature indeed is a very amazing thing to be wonder, as the time clocked 1900 sharp, I'm officially lost my sight. The thing is, we don't carry the head torch with us, the equipment was left with the portal, whereby there were pretty far ahead. We were stranded. We can barely make any move. Pointing the tongkat as my eye, I stepped on wherever I pointed at, making my way to the top. Since it was really dark with just insignificant sight, camera couldn't capture anything, so there will be no pictures for this segment. 

Out of sudden, ray of light was shining form behind, showing the clear path for us to climb on. We met with a kind person, whom had slowed down his pace just to lead us all the way up. "Oh my god~ You guys were been without torch since just now?" Unfortunately, the answer is yes. I turned and looked to find out who is the savior, but what I can see is just the bright spot on the head, the light just blinded me. With only 15 minutes of struggling, I see the lighting of the house! Yes! It's here! Really, we felt relieved, as we finally made it there! However, as soon as we found the stairs to the house, the people said, that wasn't our house, ours was further up ahead, another 15 minutes.

We still need to move on, although there will be another 15 minutes, we can't just stay there. It's just freezing. As we moved, we met the mountain guide. According to him, we made ourselves there. We were invited to go inside, to warm ourselves up. As we moved in, I realised, it's some sort of cafe. We had a warm drink, and warm ourselves up. At that particular moment, I'm still without my jacket on. For me, it's like slightly colder than the air cone room. Carrying our packed dinner boxes, the guide led us to our house. The guide need to go back down, to lead the other team members who were far back behind. The mountain guides are strong, they just went up and down whenever people called them. With heart, I salute them!

1930 was the official time we made our ways to the house. During the progress, the sky was being kind to us, at least, that was what I thought. In the dark, the on-and-off lightning showed us the way there, with the split second flashes. Maybe it's very near, the flashes blinded me at instant as I looked into them. As soon as we stepped into the house, we were told to wear their slippers as we took off our shoes. It's proven, the floor was super cold! Those were not really slippers, they were rather flops, the crocks. That reminded me about some of the portal actually just wearing those to make it there! 

Before entering the house, I saw the beautiful sky above me. They were no words to use to describe. As soon as I dropped my bag, I rushed out for the night view. I have no words to describe my feeling. For the first time in my life, I saw such a beautiful night sky, with my own eyes. Ignoring the attack of the cold-ness, I was sitting there, just to see the stars. Touched, my tears warmed my cheeks. Taking out my camera, I felt instant disappointment as I couldn't record this nice moment. However, the feeling just wiped off after a moment. The night star just impressed me deeply! The time strikes 2000. I just forgot all the frozen and numbness by the amazement of the stars!

The magnificent night star!
(copyright from my colleague)

I was physically tired. I didn't really take much for dinner. I was having headache. I was thinking, should I my climb to the summit the next day? It's just a few hour ahead. Then I made up my mind, to visit the peak, so I took Panadol, although I don't like to take medicine. As soon as the time showed 2100, I went to bed. Sleeping in the bed made me feel like Pokemon, like the metapod. See the sleeping bag for yourself. 

Metapod-alike sleeping bag~

The funny moment happened when I was as the Lapan Rata rest house, I went to the toilet. As I took off my pants, I sat down on the toilet bowl. As soon as I sat down, I stood up on instant! Sitting on the toilet bowl is like sitting on the ice plate! Using my palm as cushion, I carried on the business.

No comments:

Post a Comment