Sunday, August 26, 2012

Tao Drum, ticked!


Today is a happy day! I considered this gift as the best gift ever this year!

I've always want to go to this concert, ever since they first promote this, I WANT TO GO! It's on newspaper, it's on internet, it's on poster, it's on everywhere! Everyday as I flipped the newspaper, what I notice is their promotion. It's really tempting me to go. 

Somehow, my will is not my wallet's will. It didn't support me this much, although I wanted to make it my birthday present. End up, I just got to say Bye Bye to Tao, and see you next time, if we have chance.

Today, while I was walking in the book fair, my friend called me up, telling me that there's free tickets! I couldn't believe what I heard, it took me few seconds to recover my conscious after the excitement. So, I galloped all my way there. 

Stepped into the hall, I wow-ed at the hall itself, despite looking at the huge drums on stage. The hall is huge enough, which I estimated could hold more than a thousand! The show started as soon as I settled down myself. The performers kicked off with the breath-taking beats, vibrating the air throughout the whole room, deep into the body nerves system. 

I have no words to describe the show, this show is not good at all, it's EXCELLENT. There's these two comedian performers, cheered out the crowds alongside the two-hours heart biting moment. Tao, comes with Japanese fan dances, Japanese flute, Japanese guitar, Japanese "Gu Zheng", and Japanese martial arts! These are some of the typical amusements that I can remember, there might be more! Too bad I can't take any photos.

What touches me the most is the performances and the performers itself. What I observed in the performers' eye, they seems very enjoy performing on stage, until the state as if there were no one else around, they just enjoy melody-ing on their own. Looking into eyes of one another, they smiled at each other from the deep bottom of their heart. That smile, is not any on-stage-professional-smile / expression, this is what I can tell. At some particular moment, those joy that they shuttered immersed into my soul, where my tears started rolling without my permission and notification.

Another epic second is the time when the Japanese flute showed up! Perhaps, I myself is a flutist, I paid extra attention in this section. The melody was simply round, without any running pitches, I'm not professional, but I would say, this is perfect, as if those melodies were too fake to be true, just like listening to MP3. Touched, I sensed a fine line of hot stream running across my cheek, again. 

For one of the performances, Tao made me realized something deeply. Speaking historically, ancient warriors played drums to increase and enhance the fighting spirit in the war. In this concert, the drummers manage to make me feel as if their percussionists were reading to crush into any fierce enemies! I can feel the spirit! At a corner of my heart whispered, "No wonder last time in war, the army's fighting spirit can be burned by those huge huge drums, and the drums are always there in every movie!"

The entertaining shows manage to raise the atmosphere to the climax when the performers appeared in the costume of King, General, Strategist, Soldiers and Princess! I not sure how others see it, but I view it this way. Watching this concert is like watching a movie in cinema, a plot filled with ups and downs. King is getting ready in armed suit, Strategist and General is going out for war in horse, while Princess is playing flute praying for their return. I'm not sure what happened in the end, looking forward to watch the second part of the plot!

As the show approaches ending, I feel sad as the performers felt it too. It's their first time to Kuala Lumpur, so as mine to meet them. How I hope they will just continue without ending the show. Those were professional stage players. I like the idea of what they did at the end of the day. Everyone played a cast in the movie. Everyone came out with their own suits, own casts and own weapons, characters by characters, as if the credits after movie. Of course, the Princess in red evening gown came out last! Waving goodbye to everyone, her smile melts my heart. I believe, it's not just me!

Bowing with 90 degree in three directions at the audiences, the sense of satisfaction fall on them as the whole hall filled with claps and standing ovation! The claps seem last forever, dedicated to the warriors. Indeed, the warriors won their glories! If they come again, if I'm around, I will surely attend again! In fact, this concert is not nice, it's not even good, it's MAGNIFICENT! 

I'll end this writing with a picture. Be there next time, fill your nervous system with beats!

No comments:

Post a Comment